September 6th 2009: All members have been sent an email explaining the use of the Members Area and log-in details.
If you have had problems logging in ..
What should happen ...
- Follow the instructions in the email that has been sent to you.
- After clicking on the lost password link, you should enter your email address and a verification code will be sent to your email address.
- Enter this code in the token box and submit.
- You will then be asked to reset your password.
- You will see a 'Your password has been reset' message and an invitation to log-in.
- Once logged in you will have access to extra menu items in the Members Area. Click on the Members Area on the left hand menu and you will see links to Minutes, AGM etc. You will also see a 'User Menu' below the main menu.
What can go wrong ... and likely solutions:
You don't receive an email with the verification code.
Please enter your correct email address: a small spelling or spacing error will cause your email to be sent elsewhere.
The verification code does not work
Please check that you have copied and pasted the code correctly: the code does not have any leading or ending spaces or full stops.
The password reset shows an error
You must enter the new password twice to confirm the new password
I don't know my Username
In most cases your Username is the email address that was used to send you the log-in information.
You try to log-in but get a "Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet" message
This is most likely due to a spelling or spacing error in the email address or password that you have entered. Please try again. It might be worth trying again a few minutes later.
You have tried all of the above but it still does not work ...
Either start from scratch or ask one of the members who has successfully logged in. Most of the committee have been through the process.